What Is The Slow Travel Trend?
Slow Travel is an approach to travel that involves embracing local people, customs, food, and music. It is a style of travel that emphasizes the journey as much as the destination. It has become a popular trend as it involves taking extra time to better experience and appreciate the places you visit rather than rushing through them to check off a list of tourist attractions.
WorldLee Journeys specializes in Bucket lists and Luxury Travel experiences. These trips can be expensive and likely a place you will go to only once in a lifetime which are other reasons to make sure you allow enough time to see what you want to see at a relaxing pace. We have worked hard and deserve to reward ourselves with some Slow Travel.
How To Avoid Holiday Regret
Here are some ways to make sure you aren’t the person coming home with holiday regret and/or needing a holiday to get over the holiday you just had because the travel schedule was non-stop!
- Ask a professional travel advisor: to create your very own Slow Travel “independent itinerary” one that ticks all your boxes exactly the way you want it. We can arrange local guides to meet and assist you with skip-the-line access to avoid wasting time at major tourist sites, arrange picnics, and help with dinner reservations.
- Choose a tour: with 2 or more night stays at each stop on the itinerary. The tour escort arranges everything and makes sure you don’t miss anything. Avoid tours with 1-night stays; they are a waste of your money.
- Small group tours: 25 or fewer travelers mean less waiting time, flexible itineraries, and access to unique experiences larger tour groups are too big but perfect for Slow Travel.
- Utilize local living programs: These are really popular in places like Italy, Asia, and South and Central America. With these, you are based in a rural area for 7 days with day trips from there each day or every other day.
- Consider a River Cruise: These range from 70-200 passengers, far less than Ocean Cruises. River Cruises are a great option for Europe, Asia, Africa, and the USA. Unpack once, sit back, and relax, knowing everything is taken care of. Be as active or as inactive as you like; you get to choose.
Remember, a good holiday should include relaxation time. Time to sit drinking coffee, stroll along a beach enjoying the best Gelato you ever tasted in your life. The simple things that allow you to take in your surroundings and how people live in places different from our own.
Slow Travel Approach
By adopting a Slow Travel approach, you can have deeper and more meaningful experiences of the places you visit while also supporting local businesses and communities.
If Slow Travel sounds perfect to you, contact me at WorldLee Journeys. With over 32 years of experience, I have the contacts and know how to put it all together and make it happen. Email link HERE
Check out some Easy Pace Tour Options Here 👉 Insight Vacations
Interested in reading more about Slow Travel? 3 Slow Travel Myths
Find out more about affordable Airalo Prepaid eSIM Cards HERE.
Looking for a safe and convenient way to manage money on your next trip?
Read our article: 10 Reasons to use a Travel Money Card
Looking for an Organised Tour or Cruise?
Day Tours and Activities
Contact me 0n 0415 193697 or Lee@worldleejourneys.com.au for assistance.
Disclosure Statement: We may receive a commission when you click on our links to make a purchase. This, however, has no bearing on our reviews and comparisons. We will do our best to keep things fair and balanced to assist you in making the best decision for you.